[version] Description
Sphere
nováček
nováček
SmiX .MODs user: Yes

RSS link is lost in creating forum posting

Post by Sphere » 18.2.2012 22:32:41

Hi Smix,

You have created an excellent MOD, thank you for that! I do however have a question. In a regular RSS feed you have the title of the RSS posting and you have the summary text. The title of the RSS posting is also the link to the full article. When your Smix.MOD Feed News Center creates a PHPBB post based on one of these RSS postings the link in the title will be lost in the change to a forum posting. This makes sense too because PHPBB3 does not support a link in the title of a new post.

So my question is, is it possible to have SFNC create an additional source link in the forum posting?

Regards,

Sphere

Sphere
nováček
nováček
SmiX .MODs user: Yes

Re: RSS link is lost in creating forum posting

Post by Sphere » 20.2.2012 15:25:20

Just an example to clarify. Take this RSS feed for example: http://feeds.feedburner.com/FromTheWarp?format=xml

It creates RSS posts like this:
Forge World inspired combi-flamer conversion
maandag 20 februari 2012 11:00

When I first saw the Space Marine Character conversion set from Forge World, I couldn't help but think how cool all the little bits looked. Especially the combi-flamer. Not that it's the most...

[[ This is a content summary only. Visit my website for full links, other content, and more! ]]
As you can see the title of this RSS feed post is clickable and revers your directly to the original post of the author.

Now I have attached a print screen of how it looks on my forum:

http://phpbb3.smika.net/board/download/ ... &mode=view

and as you can see because the forum is using the title as a title forum post the original link is replaced by a forum link. So you cannot click on the title to go to the original post of the author.

Is it possible for me to put some additional code in the script to have the RSS feed do this on my forum:
Forge World inspired combi-flamer conversion
maandag 20 februari 2012 11:00

When I first saw the Space Marine Character conversion set from Forge World, I couldn't help but think how cool all the little bits looked. Especially the combi-flamer. Not that it's the most...

[[ This is a content summary only. Visit my website for full links, other content, and more! ]]

Source: Forge World inspired combi-flamer conversion
I suppose it should not be too difficult but due to my lake of PHP I have no clue on how I can do that.
Attachments
PrtscrRSS.jpg